Oh No—Not Again

I've always loved Beagles. In 2007, I was in a local Tractor Supply store shopping for dog food. There was a large bulletin board in the back. Naturally, I stopped for a look. Milo's adoption flyer caught my attention. 

He was ten years old and living in a senior Beagle/Bassett Hound Sanctuary two hours south of us. I called and scheduled an appointment to meet him.

Milo had been adopted and returned many times. Each adopter had a different reason for bringing him back. He did this. He did that, etc.

He'd become more comfortable living in this home surrounded by the other seniors no one wanted. He felt safe. When Mom and I arrived, he ran out their back door and into their yard.

After a lovely visit with the woman who opened her heart and home to these seniors, Milo was still nowhere to be found.

An hour later, with tears in her eyes, she handed him to me. She loved him and didn’t expect him to leave again. My mother did the driving as I held Milo in my arms.

He walked into our home and never left. Every reason given for his multiple returns never happened here.

He had a steel plate in his right rear leg, probably from an accident. I never knew why, and it didn't matter.

There's the right home for every dog, and the right home for Milo was ours.

“So, this is GREYSETT. This is the home for me!”

He crossed the Bridge at the age of 15. Milo remains another beautiful memory in the GREYSETT home.

—Lesley💞 

P.S. Subscribe to my blog, and feel free to share this story.

Milo’s Adoption Photo


Milo enjoying the warm weather at GREYSETT

“Is this bed really for me? It fits me to a tee!”

____________

Follow Lesley ↓

Lesley on LinkedIn | Lesley on Facebook

Follow Lesley’s Company

Lesley Osborn Canine Consulting

Purchase Tia Talks – My Life in a Multi-breed Family

Tia Talks on Amazon | Tia Talks from Other Stores

Schedule your FREE call with Lesley about issues in your canine family

Lesley’s Calendar

Get help with adopting a dog that’s right for you and your family

Adoption Guidance Service

 

↓ Click the icon to share with your friends — And comment here, too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog!

The GREYSETT Origin Story

When a Life of Fear Disappears